Wednesday 19 December 2007

Product of the week - Eggnog

Yes with Christmas comes eggnog (and we bought the organic version) Harris Teeter stocks many different varieties including 'original', 'cinnamon' and interesting a non-alcoholic Southern Comfort brand (is this an oxymoron?) We warmed up some eggnog in a saucepan and then settled onto the lounge for a relaxing wind down to the evening. Unfortunately for me I couldn't stand the stuff. Andrew drank his and then later decided he didn't really like it much so the rest of the carton was poured down the sink.

A better Christmas after-dinner drink is Williams Sonoma's Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Absolutely divine as agreed by all our bible study group. When the post Christmas sales start I am going to take a truck down to WIlliam Sonoma and buy as many hot chocolate boxes as I can. Along with any 'Top of the Pops' and 'Peppermint Bark' boxes that are left.

2 comments:

cafedave said...

Mmmm.. peppermint bark.

Kel had a go at making her own this year (I even helped out by hitting candy canes with a hammer!), and it was good, but not the same (sorry kel).

Unknown said...

it's worth pointing out that when dave say I had a go at making my own, the only intended similarity was the chocolate and peppermint candy canes :)

keen to make an offer on any "extra" peppermint bark you get your hands on