Monday 22 August 2011

Chocolate banana stud cake

Any chance I get to cook from 'Rose's Heavenly Cakes' I do so.

When I found out belatedly it was our friend Robin's birthday I quickly looked through the cookbook for a fast but delicious cake.

If you have the book you know that 'fast' is a relative term with Rose. No cake in her book is fast per se but some are not as intricate as others.

The ganache on this cake was SO easy and yet so awesome. I am going to be using it again.

The studs were supposed to take 45 minutes but I only had 15 minutes before Robin was arriving so I just went for it with both hands. Not as neat or symmetrical as Rose's decoration but hey you do what you have to do when you have 3 little people.

I told Lucy and Henry to keep the cake a secret from Robin. However neither of them are good with secrets. Henry told her repeatedly: happy.... hide.... shhhh! (He says happy for happy birthday)

So now this is known as the happy hide cake! And it tastes good too!

No comments: