Thursday 18 August 2011

Travelling with children is not glamourous

This post is a reality check on all the previous ones.

Our roadtrip was fun but it was also hard work.

Traveling with three little ones, especially an energetic 2 year old, is not easy.

There were plenty of things we wanted to do but cancelled due to tiredness, heat or tantrums.

The photo left was one such case. It was 104 degrees, I've got milk spew on my shirt and I'm cradling a sleeping baby (who only wants to sleep when held). Andrew has taken the other two kids for a walk but they all get so tired we have to drive to dinner, which is both inconvenient and expensive.

I'm not complaining. I just didn't want to give the impression that we are some sort of super parents or that it was just all fun and games ;)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yes - I feel your pain and happiness all at the same time! It's such a weird experience, esp when sickness or tiredness creeps in. Both extremes outweigh each other, and it becomes this happy but horrible trip! I think you guys did an awesome job getting away with such a teeny baby still!! We only just managed with a 7 month old! xx