Tuesday 11 November 2008

Product of the week - Pie crust cutters

From the ever wonderful Williams Sonoma come these pie crust cutters in the shape of fall leaves. Last week Lucy and I went to a brunch with our mum's group and we took along a pumpkin pie. We made pastry leaves to put on top of the pie and they looked very cute. The pie itself was made of pumpkin, real pumpkin, not from a tin ie I peeled a pumpkin, cut it up and cooked it. That doesn't seem strange to me but the mum's were amazed! They were even more amazed that I used butternut squash. But they all agreed it tasted good. It took a lot of work to make it from scratch so I think next time I will take their advice and buy a couple of cans of organic pumpkin. The whole concept of pumpkin pie as a dessert is still a strange one to us Australians as evidenced by the leftovers in the fridge that have remained uneaten for the past few days.


No comments: