Thursday 21 June 2007

Walkin' the neighbourhood

Lucy and I went out for a walk early this morning before it got too hot and humid. It has been hovering between 25-35 degrees for the past week and it has been very humid (sometimes it gets to 103% humidity here - how does that work if it isn't raining?) We took a loop around the suburb walking into a neigbouring subdivision. We had a huge thunderstorm last night which meant everything was wet and there was even water hanging in the air (if that makes sense). The sun was streaming through the pine trees and what with the heavy air the sun beams looked awesome. I wished I had my camera and then quickly realised it would be too difficult for me to photograph to show you. Along the way we picked up a stray dog, a chocolate lab. I was a bit worried what we were going to do when we get home as we have no fences and I think he would have just made himself at home in the backyard but fortunately a rabbit popped up and the dog was off. I think the poor thing was hungry (the dog not the rabbit). Also during our walk we said hello to a couple going in the opposite direction. As it turns out they are our neighbours two doors away and we met up back at the house.

Speaking of rain, the tradesman who was here yesterday (Chip) asked me if I knew that Wilmington was in a drought because it hasn't rained for two weeks! I told him that Sydney was in drought because it hadn't rained for two years! Anyway I heard that it is raining down under and I even saw some amazing photos of Newcastle. Hopefully the drought will clear over the next two years so that when we get back we can have a sprinkler for Lu. There are water restrictions in some parts of Wilmington but thankfully we are not part of that system yet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for rain so you can have the sprinkler for Lu