Wednesday 5 September 2007

Product of the week - Twinkies

In the movies and on TV there are often references to twinkies. The impression I always got was that people loved them and couldn't stop eating them (leading to weight problems). So I thought a box of 10 might start us off. Each twinkie is individually wrapped for freshness. I opened one and ate it and my first impression was that it tasted like nothing. Its hard to describe but it just felt like fluffy cake in my mouth with no flavour. The aftertaste was sugar but I was surprised at how bland these cakes were. Later on when I wasn't looking Lucy raided the pantry, pulled out the box and got a twinkie out. She chewed it and actually got through the plastic and started eating the twinkie itself. It was quickly removed and thrown away as was the rest of the twinkie which I couldn't bring myself to finish.

3 comments:

cafedave said...

i remember reading about twinkies in a pick-path book (a younger kids' version of choose-your-own-adventure) - a bit sad that they're not an enjoyable treat!

oh well, at least Lucy hasn't developed a taste for them.

Julie said...

try a deep fried one if you can - but only one, that will be more than enough for everyone to have a taste!

Kathryn said...

Reminds me of Sean. Very normal kid behaviour. Sean would do ANYTHING for a chocolate frog/bear - glad I don't have twinkies to worry about! K :)