Tuesday 22 May 2007

Moulah

I was waiting in line at the post office for a while (as you do) and then finally it was my turn to be served. I wanted to send a parcel so I had to fill in a customs form so I was sent away to do that before waiting again to get served. The postal worker (Gene) weighed the parcel and asked me to pay. I looked in my handbag and discovered that my purse was not there! I had left it at home.

Fiona: I've left my purse at home
Gene: (laughing) Well what's that in your hand? (pointing at my handbag)
Fiona: That's my handbag!
Gene: No that's your purse
Fiona: No its my handbag...Anyway I forgot my money I'll have to come back another day
Gene: Ok! Bye!

In other amlish news, baking paper = parchment paper

3 comments:

Julie said...

you'll have to let me know if the parchment paper you get is the same as glad bake - the stuff i found in ithaca was not good at all - so bad that i ended up getting rolls of glad bake in care packages.

also, have you discovered the gray international priority envelopes? it's the cheapest option for smallish items under 4lb (flat rate if it fits in the cardboard envelopes).

chan said...

thats heaps funny... probably not at the time though. hope you are all healing well.

Katrinajulie said...

You are the BEST sister in the world to go TWICE to the post office for me!!! I'll take a pic of the sneakers so you can see it was worth the wait in line! love you lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx