Monday 19 November 2007

It's been a while...

but did anyone notice I was missing in action? The truth is that I am tired of blogging. I know that when you tire of London you tire of life but what does it mean to tire of writing trivial comments on the internet? The content is out there but the time and motivation are lacking. If I'm going to blog I want to do it well. But is it better to churn out sub-prime content for the sake of being out there and keeping a record of our life in the US? Not sure the answer to this so we'll see how things pan out. I invite readers to make comments! Offers for babysitting greatly appreciated.

Andrew was back in Oz for a week and has been working hard back here so I have gone 10 days straight as a single parent. And today he can't drop Lu off at day care. So much for having a quiet day at home doing my tax return.

In Andrew's absence we had a few playdates (Rory, Ava and Julian), read many many books and spent lots of time outside playing in the sandpit. We got the fence installed (hooray!), hosted bible study, and kept the house very tidy.

On the fun side Andrew had a very nice surprise coming home to Wilmington as Lucy and I met him at the airport with a home-made sign. And when Lucy spotted him in the crowd at the airport she ignored the 'do not enter' sign and ran half way down the corridor to greet him with a big hug. I waited until he got into the foyer before giving him a big hug!

Not sure if things will get back to normal anytime soon but 'product of the week' will return tomorrow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have also been MIA - its is hard to find the time (always) and the motivation (mostly). But I do enjoy reading your blog, even the banal and what may seem to you "uninteresting" details of life in the US. So keep up the blogging and don;t worry too much about the "quality"!!!!!

Teresa and John said...

We love reading your blog. We want to know whats happening in your new world and it is interesting to us. Please keep it up.

chan said...

we noticed... but we know the feeling... and we still love you... and miss you... lots

Katrinajulie said...

Take a break if your getting over it, but I love reading your blog!
xx

Katrinajulie said...

p.s. would love to babysit but logistically not sure it will work! But the thoughts there.

dr maya vale said...

I had noticed that you'd been a bit quiet but I simply put it down to you actually wandering around living life rather than reporting on it.

I love reading anything you put out on the web - every post is some new surprise. It's amazing to see Lucy growing so much and every time I read your blog it's fresh things to praise God for and ask God for.

I miss you all dearly. Everything is interesting, so don't stop telling us anything you want to share!