Monday 26 November 2007

Weekend update

Since thanksgiving on Thursday we have kept a fairly low profile just catching up on sleep. The exception being that we ventured over to Mark & Sandy's for a catch up and an aussie bbq complete with chocolate pavlova. It's good to have Aussie friends here!

On an unrelated note over the weekend we did encounter some southern racism that TOTALLY shocked us. It was said "I wouldn't allow my [white] child to marry a black person because they would have tanned babies". WHAT??? Words fail me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"nice" to see its everywhere....some people just have no clue, do they?

Kathryn said...

I remember my otherwise lovely, generous Aunt tell me that she wouldn't come to my wedding if I married a black man. I actually don't care about the colour of my kids or grandkids (although having a white husband kind of makes it more likely to have white ones)... I would be more worried about the kids growing up healthy, kind, loving people...

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.