Friday 25 February 2011

Going natural: Belly butter















I ran out of the moisturiser I was using for my ever-growing belly so I decided to continue on the natural route and make my own.

I wish I had done this sooner. This stuff is awesome! I'll let you know if I remain stretch mark free in about 9 weeks!

Recipe:
1/2 cup cocoa butter
2 tablespoons wheat germ oil
2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
2 teaspoons apricot kernel oil
2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
4 teaspoons grated beeswax

Measure all ingredients into a heavy saucepan. Warm mixture over low heat until cocoa butter and beeswax have melted (two to five minutes). Stir well.

Cool briefly then pour into jar(s). Leave lid off and allow to cool completely (this should take about an hour). It will look very runny at first. Once completely cool, place lid on tightly and add a label.

No comments: