Thursday 21 February 2008

I like Mike!

Although the US Presidential Elections aren't being held until November there is a lot of hooha about the party nominations. It has been going on for months and months already and there is seemingly no end in sight. People are very vocal about their political affiliations wearing badges on their clothes (see the title of today's entry), putting bumper stickers on their cars and giving you an ear lashing on their personal opinions. We are staying well out of it, especially given that we can't vote. Though according to Rick voters should be required to do a quiz beforehand to determine their capacity to vote. I don't call that democracy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this has nothing to do with your post, but I was explaining to Alex that I was taking a photo of her merit certificate so that I could put it on the internet so friends overseas could see. I was going through all the people that might look and when I mentioned you guys I said "you remember Andrew and Fiona with the big black dog Sophie, don't you?", to which she replied, "yeah! when we go over there they give us pizza!". Miss you guys (you better not stay over there forever).

Cara said...

Second that.